Friday, May 22, 2009

Temple City High

The end of semester is nearing and I think that I have grown much as a person. I guess you can say that this is a reflection of some sorts on how I have changed since its beginning. 

Academically, I didn't do as well as first semester. My grade point average has gone down about .3 points from a 3.8 to a 3.5. I think its because second semester is based on a lot of new materials rather than the review stuff I did back in first. 

Socially I'm kind of unsure about. Though I have been lucky to have met a plethora of new people due to school activities such as peer, I don't think I am more than an acquaintance to many of them. I don't think its because I don't care about them or don't want to hang out. Its just because I'm constantly up to my neck in school work. 

Personally, I think I have matured a little bit each day, though I'm not saying that I'm not saying I'm all grown up, I can safely say that I have grown a little more inside each day. I still have some trouble spots, I have recently been acknowledged of my arrogance and cockyness and I've been working towards fixing them. No one is perfect, but we can all strive to work towards something better than we are now.

I've begun to realize how little time I have left in TC and I've tried my best to soak in each day for what it is, every negative and positive thing about this school. I've began to appreciate TCHS a little more with every passing week and I'm glad I can be able to. 

Lots of kids are talking about how much they want to get out of school and get their lives started with. I've even caught myself doing so one or twice. But looking back at the years I've spent here with the people I've grown up with, I've noticed that my life has already started. Right here in this school.  Sure we might be in a limbo between elementary school and college, but the things we learn here are sure to affect us in the future.

So that's why I want to savor my time here, take in every second as if it were going to be my last because I want to have memories here. I'm a junior and I have less than one month before my junior year starts and three and a half when I become a senior. Time sure flies by doesn't it?

I wonder what I'll be saying here next year. Will I be ready to jump into college? Am I going to regret anything I have or have not done yet? Will I be proud of my accomplishments once I step up one the stage and take my diploma? Well, I'll just have to wait and see.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment